Viasystems is a leading global manufacturer of technologically advanced,
highly reliable printed circuit boards. With facilities in the US and Asia,
we deliver seamless manufacturing from quick turn prototype to volume production.
Our combination of leadership in technology and talent provides our customers a
complete PCB solution and earns Viasystems an outstanding customer service reputation!
Our most important asset is our people. We strive to create a culture that empowers
positive actions, recognizes excellent performance, and encourages professional growth.
The result is a growing business that delivers high quality products in the industry today.
Production Operators at Viasystems are valued for their experience which is critical to our success. We are seeking individuals who have ‘process manufacturing’ experience with an understanding of lean manufacturing principals and who embrace continuous improvement methodology.
This position is working primarily in the Drilling department, and in a loud environment.
This position requires US citizenship or Permanent Residency to meet ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) requirements.
The shift will be swing shift, 2:30pm -11:00pm
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Operate laser drills, with strong understanding of CNC file structures, program editing and complex work instructions and safety procedures.
- Use shop floor computer system and data entry into databases and numerically controlled devices. Downloading and editing programs.
- Use mechanical measurement devices such as microscope, micrometers, calipers,etc.
- Follow priority dispatch display to ensure on time delivery.
- Adhere to all safety and PPE requirements.
Skills and Knowledge
- Printed circuit board UV/CO2 laser via drilling experience required
- Hitachi Mark 50 and Excellon Cobra CNC controller experience strongly preferred
- Good computer skills required - Oracle ERP, Outlook email
- Understandings of CNC file structures and program editing required
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to follow complex work instructions / processes
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis on quality
- Ability to use a microscope to take detailed measurements and qualitative assessments
- Must have good hand/finger dexterity for fine manipulation of small drill bit placement.
- Basic math skills include addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Math skills to encompass understanding of tolerances and their application to measurement devices such as calipers
- Good written and oral communication skills. Oral communication with coworkers, managers, engineers, maintenance, and vendors. Ability to clearly express problems, solutions, etc. in a written or verbal manner.
- Excellent time management skills to keep multiple machines running to maximize utilization.
- Understanding of LEAN manufacturing, Statistical Process Control and “5’s” methodology.
- Capable of learning to interpret and understand customer standards, blueprints, and shop floor control documents. Knowledge of circuit boards/ machine processes. Ability to interface with Computer Numerical Controlled equipment.
Work Environment Considerations
Ability to stand for long periods of time (12 hour shifts) and work overtime and weekends as required.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally
Ability to work in different environments as needed.
Must be comfortable working in a fast pace environment and around loud equipment.
To submit your resume for consideration for this position,
please Click Here