Viasystems Group, Inc., headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, is a leading worldwide provider of complex multi-layer printed circuit boards (PCBs) and Electro-Mechanical Solutions to OEMs. Viasystems has the ability globally to support the customer’s full product life cycle from quick-turnaround PCBs for new product introduction to high-volume, low-cost fabrication of complex boards – combined with comprehensive sourcing, assembly, and metal fabrication capabilities to supply everything from subassemblies to finished electronic products.
We provide advanced-technology printed circuit boards, large format backplanes and assemblies, custom sheet metal and enclosures, cabinets, racks and subracks, and electro-mechanical assemblies all the way through Level 5 Integration. Industry leaders in automotive technology, telecommunications, computer storage systems, and industrial, medical and aerospace equipment trust Viasystems to provide the technology, quality and service they require. Our technical support centers around the globe provide local engineering support and assist customers in launching new products.
||Represents approximately 80% of revenue
||Represents approximately 20% of revenue
|Serves automotive, telecom, computer/datacom, industrial & instrumentation / medical/consumer, and military/aerospace markets
||Serves automotive telecom, computer/datacom, industrial & instrumentation / medical/consumer, and military/aerospace markets
|Manufactures printed circuit boards and backplanes (backpanels)
||Fabricates custom and standard metal cabinets and components
||Assembles and tests finished systems
||Leading technology globally
||Vertical model “under one roof” is cost-effective for customers
|Volume manufacturing in China and North America
||Two E-M Solutions centers in China and one in Mexico with vertical model
|Quick-turn capability in the United States and China
||Full design support, Design for Manufacturing
|Unparalleled combination of global technology centers and manufacturing footprint in low cost regions of the world
||Expertise in global supply-chain management
Revenue pro forma for the combination of Viasystems and Merix
- Alcatel - Lucent
- Benchmark Electronics
- Cisco Systems
- Continental AG
- Jabil Circuit
- Rockwell Automation
- Rockwell Collins
- Siemens AG
- More than 15,000 employees worldwide, including 13,000 in China.
- Global implementation of Lean Six Sigma & 5-S
- • Certifications include: QS 9000, TL 9000, ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14001, ISO / TS 16949, Bellcore, British Approval Board for Telecommunications, UL, ITAR, MIL-PRF 31032, MIL-PRF 55110, AS9100
- Alcatel - Lucent
- "North American PCB Technical Support Award"
- "Golden Link Impact Award: Supplier of the Year”
- Bosch "Preferred Supplier Award"
- "Partners in Performance Award" (3 consecutive years)
- "Total Cost of Ownership” 2009
- EMC2 Supplier of the Year
- GE Energy
- “2007 Supplier Award for Direct Material Productivity”
- “Excellence in Quality Award”
- “New Product Introduction Excellence Award – China”
- "Customer Centricity Award”
- GE Fanuc “Jefferson Preferred Supplier Award”
- GE Healthcare “Technology & Innovation Supplier Award”
- Huawei “The Excellent Supplier”
- Murata "2007 PCB Supplier of the Year"
- Rockwell Collins “Printed Circuit Commodity Supplier of the Year” (2005, 2006, 2007, 2010)
- Samsung “Best in Value Award”
- Siemens "Supplier of the Year" (4 consecutive
- Tellabs "Suppler of the Year for On-time